Updated: Jul 13
"Every morning brings new potential, but if you dwell on the misfortunes of the day before, you tend to overlook tremendous opportunities." - Harvey Mackay
Nobody ever woke up and said ‘I want today to be a sh*t day.’ Plenty of us have woken up and assumed that it would be a sh*t day and most of us were proved right… am I wrong?
Half the time, we are taking what happened the day before into a new day, yesterday is playing on our mind. Everything that frustrated us, made us angry or upset is going around in our head making us feel miserable before the day has really begun.
But what if we woke up feeling that today was going to be exceptionally good, it was going to fun, productive, exciting, exhilarating, prosperous, adventurous, enjoyable, sensational, successful…
It’s hard to wake up feeling these things when the day before has pulled us down. It’s hard yes, but not impossible.
Some Ideas to Start your day with a great attitude!
If you want to start tomorrow off in a positive way, to wake up feeling refreshed and excited for the day ahead, start today. Prepare yourself for the awesome day ahead by finishing off today in a positive way.
· Go for a walk in the fresh air and let the negative thoughts about the day drift off into the ether.
· Wash the days troubles away with a shower and your favourite body wash.
· Sing in the shower, something upbeat that makes you happy.
Do something that helps you to let go of the trials and tribulations of today, get yourself in a good space.
It’s important to get your head-space right before you go to sleep.
Some ideas for you to try before you tuck yourself in for the night, to ensure you get a good night’s sleep and wake up feeling positive and ready to face the amazing day that awaits you.
Decide just how good tomorrow is going to be, imagine yourself waking up full of positive energy, see it, feel it, keep those thoughts in your mind as you get yourself relaxed, calm and positive with a little self-care.
· Put some music on and then give yourself a pamper, moisturise your body etc. make yourself feel as physically good as possible – it helps with your mental state. (you can’t feel good on the inside when you don’t feel good on the outside and vice versa)
· Put on a scented candle or diffuser to make your bedroom smell relaxing, calm and fresh.
· Put on your favourite clean and fresh pyjamas.
· Meditate – if you are not experienced at mediation and find it difficult, find some simple ideas to help you get started or try listening to a guided meditation – there are many to choose from on you tube or in the app store.
· Do a body scan to see where you are holding all the tension, what’s hurting, aching or feeling tense.
· Lay down and do the progressive muscle relaxation technique
to relax your whole body.
· Read an inspiring or motivational book.
· Make yourself a warm milky drink before you go to bed, or a cup of warm chamomile tea.
· Put your phone down so you don’t look at social media for at least an hour before bed. You don’t need it and the blue light from your screen will affect your quality of sleep.
· If you can, keep your lighting soft and low.
· And my personal favourite, play a sleep music playlist very soft and low and leave it playing as you drift off into a slumber. You can find a playlist to suit you on spotify, amazon, youtube etc.
*Playing soft music as you drift off to sleep is known to lower cortisol (the stress hormone).
As you lay in bed imagine yourself waking up feeling well rested and filled with positive energy, imagine everything going your way all day.
How you feel before you go to bed will affect the quality of your sleep. If you feel calm and relaxed, the chances of getting a restful night’s sleep are greatly increased.
Getting into bed tense and anxious is a sure-fire way of having a fitful night’s sleep. Some self-care and relaxation can help to lesson or even eliminate the stresses of the day allowing you to enjoy a great night’s sleep.
Go to bed feeling positive knowing that tomorrow is a good day.
"Waking up this morning, I smile. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me." - Thich Nhat Hanh
Make that decision before you tuck yourself in for the night, then wake up with the attitude that today is going to be a good day – it may just pan out that way 😊
Have a wonderful day!
I hope you enjoyed reading 'How to start your day with a great attitude that will set the tone for the rest of the day!' don't forget to Save this to your Pinterest boards for later :)
Drop in to my Etsy store Positive Life by Design for great pintable's to help you on your journey.
Don't forget to follow us on