Updated: Jul 12
Norman Vincent Peale (NVP) is often referred to as the father of Positive Thinking and his book ‘The Power of Positive Thinking’ and others he wrote on similar topics have sold more than 21 million copies.
NVP loved a good quote and in one of his books he quoted Winston Churchill saying “It is a good thing to read books of quotations. The quotations when engraved upon the memory give you good thoughts.”
So here are 40 positively positive quotes from Norman Vincent Peale.
1. Become a possibilitarian. No matter how dark things seem to be or actually are, raise your sights an see possibilities – always see them, for they are always there.
2. If you are not getting as much from your life as you want to, then examine the state of your enthusiasm.
3. Live your life and forget your age.
4. It is always too early to quit.
5. You only lose energy when life becomes dull in your mind… Get interested in something!... The more you lose yourself on something bigger than yourself, the more energy you will have.
6. Part of the happiness of life consists not in fighting battles but in avoiding them. A masterly retreat is in itself a victory.
7. Hold an image of the life you want, and that image will become a fact.
8. Life’s blows cannot break a person whose spirit is warmed at the fire of enthusiasm.
9. Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven't half the strength you think they have.
10. A positive thinker does not refuse to recognise the negative, he refuses to dwell on it. Positive thinking is a form of thought which habitually looks for the best results from the worst conditions.
11. Change your thoughts and Whenever a negative thought concerning your personal power comes to mind, deliberately voice a positive thought to cancel it out
13. The positive thinker is a hard-headed, tough-minded and factual realist. He sees all the difficulties clearly, which is more than can be said for the average negative thinker. But he sees more than difficulties - he tries to see the solutions of those difficulties.
14. In every difficult situation is potential value. Believe this, then begin looking for it.
15. When you expect the best you release a magnetic force in your mind which by a law of attraction tends to bring the best to you.
16. There is real magic in enthusiasm. It spells the difference between mediocrity and accomplishment.
17. What the mind can conceive and believe, and the heart desire, it can achieve.
18. The person who sends out positive thoughts activates the world around him positively and draws back to himself positive results.
19. Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.
20. Have great hopes and dare to go all out for them. Have great dreams and dare to live them. Have tremendous expectations and believe in them.
21. Four things for success: Work and pray, think and believe.
22. The first step is to fill your life with positive faith that will help you through anything, the second step is to start where you are.
23. Let a series of happy thoughts run through your mind. They will show on your face.
24. Optimism when applied to your life develops strength and peace within you.
25. Imagination is the true magic carpet.
26. The cyclone derives its power from a calm center. So does a person.
27. The way to happiness: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect better, give much, scatter sunshine, forget self, think of others. Try this for a week and you will be surprised.
28. Shoot for the moon - even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
29. The trouble with of us is that we'd rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.
30. One of the greatest moments in anybody's developing experience is when he no longer tries to hide from himself but determines to get acquainted with himself as he truly is.
31. Dwelling on negative thoughts is like fertilising weeds.
32. One person can make a difference. You don’t have to be a big shot. You don’t have to have a lot of influence. You just have to have faith in your power to change things.
33. How you think about a problem is more important than the problem itself. So always think positively.
34. Don’t let any obstacle stop you. Always remember that you have spiritual and mental qualities within you that can overcome even the seemingly impossible.
35. Watch your manner of speech if you wish to develop a peaceful state of mind. Start each day by affirming peaceful, contented and happy attitudes and your days will tend to be pleasant and successful.
36. Promise yourself success at the beginning of each day, and you’ll be surprised how often things turn out that way.
37. Thoughts and words form your mental image. And since we become what we picture be sure your thoughts and words express prosperity and blessing rather than poverty and defeat.
38. Fear is never a reason for quitting; it is only an excuse.
39. People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success.
40. Begin where you are. Don’t wait for someone else to change things for you. Do it yourself.
I hope you enjoyed these 30 Fabulous Norman Vincent Peale Quotes on The Power of Positive Thinking, don't forget to pin them to your Pinterest boards for later :)
Drop in to my Etsy store Positive Life by Design for great printables to help you on your journey.
Don't forget to follow us on