32 of the Best Mark Twain Quotes to Inspire and Make You Smile
Mark Twain was an American humourist, journalist, lecturer, and novelist. Most well-known for his books, The adventures of Tom Sawyer, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.
1. It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
2. Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
3. Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
4. The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself.
5. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.
6. Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like it's heaven on earth.
7. Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not absence of fear.
8. It is curious that physical courage be so common in the world and moral courage so rare.
9. Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection.
10. To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with.
11. Never regret anything that made you smile.
12. Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.
13. The man who does not read good book has no advantage over a man who
can't read them.
14. Kindness is a language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
15. Against the assault of laughter, nothing can stand.
16. The best way to cheer your-self up is to cheer up somebody else.
17. The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why.
18. Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great.
19. To believe yourself to be brave is to be brave; it is the only essential thing.
20. I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
21. It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.
22. It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
23. You're never wrong to do the right thing.
24. The secret to getting ahead is Make It Happen.
25. Give every day the chance to become the most beautiful day of your life.
26. I can live for two years on a good compliment.
27. All generalisations are false, including this one.
28. Never put of 'til tomorrow what may be done day after tomorrow just as well.
29. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
30. I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened.
31. If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
32. Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience; this is the ideal life.
I hope you enjoyed these quotes, don't forget to Save them to your Pinterest boards for later :)
Remember, you are better than you think you are xx
Don't forget to follow us on
Facebook Positive Thinking For Beginners (facebook.com)