Updated: Jul 11
Courage; we all need to have it, we all want to have it, what we tend to forget is that we have it. It’s in all of us, including you.
You were born with it. From the moment you entered this world you had the courage to yell out when you needed something before you could stand you had courage to pull yourself to your knees and crawl. You had courage when you grabbed a hold of the coffee table and pulled yourself up for the first time, you had it again when you were brave enough to let go of the coffee table and take your first steps.
You had the courage to do all these things, you had the courage and self-belief, and if it didn’t work the first time, you didn’t give up. you kept on trying until we nailed it. How any times did you have to pull your self up before you could stand up with out toppling over? How many times did you take one or two steps before you fell? You never gave up, you knew you could do it, and you kept going until you could walk across the living room unaided, and before long you were running, skipping, jumping. You didn’t once say to yourself ‘this is too hard I’ll just stay sitting on the floor forever’.
You had courage on your first day of school, your first day in college, you first day at a new job. The first time you did anything took courage.
You are still that person, the one who has courage, self-belief and an ability to keep on going until you nail it.
It’s easy to forget all the amazing things we have done and the courage it took to achieve them. We listen to others who say we can’t do the things we want to (no one ever said to a baby ‘you can’t learn to stand or walk’, so I’ve never understood why we tell children and adults that they can’t do something!) the courage disappears behind a belief that we shouldn’t even bother to try, and the self-belief becomes buried beneath self-doubt.
Let go of the doubt and the courage will show itself. It’s there, it always has been, set it free and see where it takes you.
Below are 15 of my favourite quotes on courage to remind you of the courage you have, take inspiration and unleash you inner courage to follow your dreams and reach your goals.
1. Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important that fear. - Ambrose Redman
2. You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. – Eleanor Roosevelt
3. How can a man be brave when he is afraid? It is the only time a man can be brave. - George R.R. Martin
4. Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not absence of fear. – Mark Twain
5. Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day, saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’. - Mary Anne Radmacher
6. He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life. - Muhammad Ali
7. I've learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear. - Nelson Mandela
8. Real courage is being afraid but doing it anyway. - Oprah Winfrey
9. A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave 5 minutes longer. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
10. Courage is like a muscle; it is strengthened by use. – Ruth Gordon
11. Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. – Winston Churchill
12. Courage faces fear and thereby masters it. Cowardice represses fear and thereby mastered by it. – Martin Luther King Jr
13. Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway. – John Wayne
14. You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore. - Christopher Columbus
15. Whatever you are doing today, do it with the confidence of a four-year-old in a batman t-shirt. – Unknown
I hope you enjoyed these 15 Quotes on Courage to Get You Out of Your Comfort Zone and Into the Life You Want, don't forget to Save them to your Pinterest boards for later :)
Drop in to my Etsy store Positive Life by Design for great printables to help you on your journey.
Don't forget to follow us on