No matter what journey you are on or how positive your outlook is, life will inevitably throw you a curve ball every now and then, there will be obstacles to overcome.
I remember school sports day I was back in primary school, I was not a sporty kid, but I always loved the obstacle race. It seemed more like a game than a race. It was the only one I ever enjoyed. I think, looking back that the obstacle race was a metaphor for how I would live my life, never really in competition with anyone else but focusing on how I would navigate the obstacles in my way.
I’ve had a couple of rather large obstacles thrown in my path these last couple of weeks, there have been moments when they have seemed insurmountable. Then I remember who I am and the size and complexity of the obstacles I have already overcome, moved, climbed, conquered, eliminated, overcome, surpassed, beaten etc.
Each and every one of them have made me stronger, made me wiser, and made me more determined to keep going and be the best me that I can be.
Below are 15 quotes that help keep me on track and remind me that I am strong, able, and willing to overcome anything, read through these quotes to remind yourself that you are too.
1. Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven't half the strength you think they have. – Norman Vincent Peale
2. An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you backwards with difficulties it means it's going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. – Unknown
3. The mind that perceives the limitation is the limitation. – Buddha
4. Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle. - Christian D. Larson
5. A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles. - Christopher Reeve
6. Everything is either an opportunity to grow or an obstacle to keep you from growing. You get to choose. - Wayne Dyer
7. Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. - Earl Nightingale
8. If there is no struggle, there is no progress. - Frederick Douglass
9. Strength doesn’t come from what you can do, it comes from overcoming the things you thought you couldn’t do. – Unknown
10. There are no great people in this world, only great challenges which ordinary people rise to meet. - William Frederick Halsey Jr.
11. Not every door is locked - PUSH. – Unknown
12. You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice. – Bob Marley
13. Don't dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energy moving forward together towards an answer. – Denis Waitley
14. It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult. – Seneca
15. There are plenty of difficult obstacles in your path. Don't allow yourself to become one of them. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
You have the strength, the tools, the courage and the ability to overcome any obstacle that stands between you and the life you want and deserve.
All you need is a positive outlook and to trust in yourself.
Find whats holding you back, and why positive thinking may not be working for you.
When things get too much, a little bit of laughter spreads a lot of happiness.
Remember you are better than you think you are xx