17 Quotes from the Ever-Inspiring Eleanor Roosevelt on Life
Eleanor Roosevelt was First Lady of the United States from 1933 to 1945, wife of Franklin D. Roosevelt 32 President of the United States. She was a United Nations diplomat and humanitarian and one of the most admired and powerful women of her time.
1. It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.
2. No man is defeated without until he has been defeated within.
3. Do one thing every day that scares you.
4. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do.
5. It isn't enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn't enough to believe in it. One must work at it.
6. Do what you feel in your heart to be right, for you'll be criticised anyway.
7. Remember always that you not only have the right to be individual, you have an obligation to be one.
8. You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face.
9. You have to accept whatever comes and the only important thing is that you meet it with courage and with the best that you have to give.
10. With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
11. The purpose of life, after all, is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.
12. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
13. Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product.
14. A woman is like a tea bag—you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water
15. I think, at a child's birth, if a mother could ask a fairy godmother to endow it with the most useful gift, that gift would be curiosity.
16. I am who I am today because of the choices I made yesterday.
17. Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.
I hope you enjoyed these quotes, don't forget to pin them to your Pinterest boards for later :) and click on the links below for more ultra-inspiring quotes.
46 Quotes about Life from the genius that was Albert Einstein
30 Positively Fabulous Norman Vincent Peale Quotes on The Power of Positive Thinking
50 Ralph Waldo Emerson Quotes to Inspire a Positive Life filled with Self-Love & Self-Belief
Remember, you are better think you think you are. xx
Don't forget to follow us on
Facebook Positive Thinking For Beginners (facebook.com)