Updated: Jul 12
"A thankful person is thankful under all circumstances. A complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise."
Attitude is one of those things that we get very defensive about. If someone says we have a bad attitude, we tend to blame some situation or other person for giving us the attitude or that we are just responding to their negativity.
But in truth, we are completely in control of our attitude and therefore can choose which one we adopt.
Our attitude affects us in so many ways, because our attitude controls our reactions, our outlook, our responses, our happiness, our future.
If you want to change your attitude into a positive one, you just have to make a conscious decision to do so and pull yourself up when you find yourself drifting back into a negative attitude.
Yes, I am aware of just how easy I have made it sound 😊and yes, I know it is so much harder to change your attitude than that. 😊
But over time it becomes much easier to notice when your attitude is negative which makes it so much easier to switch. It’s like any skill you learn. Focus and practice and you’ll get there.
Here are 27 Quotes on attitude to help inspire you to adopt or maintain a positive attitude so you can get on with living your best life.
1. Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. -Francesca Reigler
2. You are always in control of your life as regards to your attitude towards it. You can have a positive attitude, or you can have a negative attitude. -Bob Monkhouse
3. A thankful person is thankful under all circumstances. A complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise. - Baha 'u' llah
4. Stay positive - the only difference between a good day and a bad day is your attitude. -Dennis S. Brown
5. Enthusiasm is the greatest asset in the world. It beats money, power and influence. - Henry Chester
6. Positive people have made up their mind to enjoy life. They focus on the possibility - not the problem. - Joel Osteen
7. Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out. - John Wooden
8. Our attitude to life determines life’s attitude towards us. - John N Mitchell
9. A positive attitude gives you power over your circumstances instead of your circumstances having power over you. - Joyce Meyer
10. The key to success is playing the hand you were dealt like it was the hand you wanted. - Kaitlyn Walsh
11. A great attitude becomes a great day which becomes a great month, which becomes a great year, which becomes a great life. – Mandy Hale
12. Your talent determines what you can do. Your motivation determines how much you are willing to do. Your attitude determines how well you do it. – Lou Holtz
13. If you are not getting as much from your life as you want to, then examine the state of your enthusiasm. – Norman Vincent Peale
14. I get up every morning, and it's going to be a great day. You never know when it's going to be over, so I refuse to have a bad day. - Paul Henderson
15. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
16. Gratitude and attitude are not challenges; they are choices. – Robert Braathe
17. As a means to success, determination has this advantage over talent - that it does not have to be recognised by others. - Robert Brault
18. The rule is you have to dance a bit in the morning before you leave the house because it changes the way you walk out in the world. – Sandra Bullock
19. The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist see opportunity in every difficulty. – Sir Winston Churchill
20. Abundance is in large part, an attitude. - Sue Patton Thoele
21. Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. - Thomas Jefferson
22. Be the attitude you want to be around. - Tim DeTellis
23. You can’t have a good day with a negative attitude and you can’t have a negative day with a good attitude. - Unknown
24. Switch your mentality from "I'm broken and helpless," to "I'm growing and healing," and watch how your life changes for the better. – Unknown
25. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a catalyst, and it sparks extraordinary results. – Wade Boggs
26. The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude. - William James
27. A positive attitude will have positive results because attitudes are contagious. – Zig Ziglar
I hope you enjoyed these quotes 27 Quotes on Attitude and Why Yours Matters don't forget to Save them to your Pinterest boards for later :)
Drop in to my Etsy store Positive Life by Design for great printables to help you on your journey.
Don't forget to follow us on