Hurt, anger, resentment, bitterness, tired relationships, toxic relationships are just some of the things that are so hard to let go of that even though we may have moved on physically, they still play over in our minds, and if they are still playing in our minds, we haven’t let go yet.
If you find yourself thinking about or talking about something or someone and the negative emotions attached to it/them are still strong, you haven’t let go as much as you thought you had. Whatever or whoever it was is still affecting your life in a negative way.
Letting go is the only way to free yourself and move on once and for all.
Below are 23 quotes to help you to let go of whatever is holding you back from living your best life.
1. Keeping baggage from the past will leave no room for happiness in the future. - Wayne L Misner
2. Some of us think holding on makes us strong, But sometimes it is letting go. - Hermann Hesse
3. If you carry the bricks from your past relationship you will end up building the same house. – Unknown
4. In the process of letting go, you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself. - Deepak Chopra
5. Letting go means to come to the realisation that some people are a part of your history, but not part of your destiny. - Steve Maraboli
6. To forgive, we do not have to say that whatever happened was okay. We simply have to decide that we won't allow the memories of the event to poison us any longer. - John Robson
7. Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. – Mark Twain
8. If you can't do anything about it then let it go. Don't be a prisoner to things you can't change. - Tony Gaskins
9. There’s an important difference between giving up and letting go. - Jessica Hatchigan
10. When we hate our enemies, we are giving them our power over us: power over our sleep, our appetites, our blood pressure, our health and our happiness. – Dale Carnegie
11. Just because someone has been in your life for many years, doesn't mean there shouldn't be a point at which you finally decide to let go. - Wilfred James
12. The best revenge is no revenge. Move on. Be happy. – Unknown
13. Letting go gives us freedom, and freedom is the only condition for happiness. If, in our heart, we still cling to anything - anger, anxiety, or possessions - we cannot be free. - Thich Nhat Hanh
14. Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars - you have to let go and come point in order to move forward. – C.S. Lewis
15. Forgive the past - it is over. Learn from it and let it go - we're always changing, so don't cling to the negative image of the past. - Brian L. Weiss
16. Forget what hurt you but never forget what it taught you. - Shannon L. Alder
17. Let go of something old that no longer serves you to make room for something new. – Roy T. bennet
18. Unforgiveness is choosing to stay trapped in a jail cell of bitterness, serving time for someone else's crime. - Unknown
19. If you let go a little, you will have a little peace. If you let go a lot, you will have a lot of peace. - Ajahn Chah
20. Letting go doesn't mean that you don't care about someone anymore. It's just realising that the only person you really have control over is yourself. - Deborah Reber
21. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is simply to learn how to trust and let go a little, releasing the old so that something new can come in or take place. - Lama Surya Das
22. Today expect something good to happen to you no matter what occurred yesterday. Realise the past no longer holds you captive. It can only continue to hurt you if you hold on to it. Let the past go. A simply abundant world awaits. - Sarah Ban Breathnack
23. Renew, release, let go. Yesterday's gone. There's nothing you can do to bring it back. You can't "should've" done something. You can only do something. Renew yourself. Release that attachment. Today is a new day! - Steve Maraboli
Remember, you are better than you think you are xx