Updated: Jul 12
The Harry Potter stories have a myriad of positive thinking connotations with in them, which I have written about previously, see Harry Potter and The Positive Thinker Part 1, Harry Potter and The Positive Thinker Part 2, but they also raise some very interesting self-discovery questions. I have chosen three for you to try, see what you discover...
Self-awareness is one of the greatest tools we can have, for how do we know what to improve and what goals to set ourselves if we don’t really know what the problems are and what we really want?
Try these three Harry Potter inspired self-discovery questions and see what you learn about who you are and what you want in life. Your answers may surprise you.
For those of you not as familiar with the Harry Potter books and/or movies I have reworded the questions underneath so everyone can benefit from them.
1. If you were faced with a Boggart, what would it turn into?
(In other words, what is your greatest fear?)
2. If you had a Patronus, who would you need to use it against?
(who are the negative people in your life sucking your positive energy?)
3. What would you do if you had a bottle of Professor Slughorn’s ‘Liquid Luck’?
(it only lasts for 24 hours but the effects could last a life time, what would you do if you couldn’t fail?)
So, what now? Now you get to use what you have just discovered about yourself to make positive changes if you want to.
1. Your Boggart, what did it turn into, and how can you turn this fear on it’s head?
2. Your Patronus, firstly, what did it look like? And who did you put on the list that you would need to use it against? Was your list long?
Ask your self if you added them to the list because of a one off incident or is it on going? Do you get a sinking feeling in your stomach at just the thought of spending time with them? Do you come away from being with them feeling drained? If it’s something that happens often you may need to rethink how much time you spend with these people or if you spend any time with them at all. If you can’t avoid them or limit the time then find your inner Patronus and refuse to take on their negativity, that’s who they are it’s not who you are.
3. ‘Liquid Luck’… so what did you decide to use your liquid luck on? What did you want to do so badly that you would use your one chance of not failing on?
What’s stopping you from doing it anyway? Money? Knowledge? Opportunity? Work out what you need to do to start doing the thing you so desire to do.
There is always a way, you just have to find it then start making steps in the right direction.
I hope you enjoyed these 3 Harry Potter Inspired Self-Discovery Questions, don't forget to Save them to your Pinterest boards for later :)
Drop in to my Etsy store Positive Life by Design for great printables to help you on your journey.
Don't forget to follow us on