25 Quotes About Kindness and How Valuable It Is to You and Those Around You
Kindness is such a simple act, it can take but a moment and make someone’s day brighter. We’ve all been on the receiving end at some point or another and know how it lifts the spirits of the receiver. But what about those going around being kind – it does the same to them too.
1. The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up. – Mark Twain
Being kind can be a simple word of encouragement, a compliment, praise, reassurance, support, comfort, help, assistance, help someone solve a problem, listen to someone etc. It may even seem trivial to the provider, yet it can change someone’s day, someone’s outlook. The difference this seemingly small gesture can make can be immense.
Some acts of kindness may be more obvious, like giving up your time to assist someone or providing them with something they need. Whatever act of kindness you give whether it appears big or small, makes a difference.
2. When you're good to others, your best to yourself. – Benjamin Franklin
3. Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves. – J.M. Barrie
4. There is no better exercise for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up. – John Holmes
5. You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. Be somebody who makes everybody feel like a somebody. - Robby Novak
7. Good people do things for other people. That's it. The end. - Ricky Gervais (Afterlife)
8. Listening is a hug you give with you mind. - Barbra Nixon
9. When words are both true and kind, they can change the world. – Buddha
10. Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom. - Theodore Isaac Rubin
11. The deepest craving of human nature is the need to be appreciated. – William James
12. If you can't think of anything nice to say, you're not thinking hard enough – Unknown
13. Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. – Mother Teresa
14. Remember there’s no such thing a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end. – Scott Adamas
15. The positive energy and love we give to others, heals our own wounds. - Angie Karen
16. No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another. – Charles Dickens
17. The greatest pleasure I know, is to do a good action by stealth, and to have it found out by accident. – Charles Lamb
18. If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion. - Dalai Lama
19. Being listened to is so close to being loved that most people cannot tell the difference. - David Oxber
20. Etiquette – a fancy word for simple kindness. - Elsa Maxwell
21. Never look down on anybody, unless you are helping them up. - Jesse Jackson
22. Everywhere you go, make positive deposits rather than negative withdrawals. You can be a people builder. – Joel Osteen
23. In everyday there are 1,440 minutes. That means we have 1,440 daily opportunities to make a positive impact. - Les Brown
24. We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give. – Winston Churchill
25. No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind. – Taylor Swift
What will your act of kindness be today?
Remember you’re better than you think you are xx