26 Quotes on Why it’s Important to Have an Attitude of Gratitude
I’m sure you’ve heard of an 'attitude of gratitude', but do you know why it’s so important to your wellbeing, your mental health and your life in general?
Everything that you have or have had in your life has come to you for a reason.
You have gained from it in one way or another. Yes, even the bad stuff. You have learned a lesson, gained perspective, empathy or compassion, some things have made you laugh, and some have made you cry.
But everything, and I mean everything that has ever happened in your life has got you where you are today. And if you are not where you want to be, it may well have something to do with the fact you are fighting what you don’t want and not grateful for do have.
Here are 26 of my favourite quotes about why an attitude of gratitude is so important for every one of us
1. It is not joy that makes us grateful, it is gratitude that makes us joyful. - David Steindl-rast
2. Gratitude is an antidote to negative emotions, a neutraliser of envy, hostility, worry, and irritation. It is savouring, it is not taking things for granted, it is present orientated. - Sonja Lynbomiesky
3. Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other. - Randy Pausch
4. The miracle of gratitude is that it shifts your perception to such an extent that it changes the world you see. - Dr. Robert Holden
5. When you are grateful, fear disappears, and abundance appears. – Tony Robins
6. Not all your dreams have to come true at once. Sometimes, the truth is many of them are already here and you have to appreciate them before the next ones unlock. – Brendon Burchard
7. Gratitude is the healthiest of all human emotions. The more you express gratitude for what you have, the more likely you will have even more to express gratitude for. – Zig Ziglar
8. I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder. - Gilbert K.Chesterton
9. Gratitude opens the door to the power, the wisdom, the creativity of the universe. You open the door through gratitude. – Deepak Chopra
10. Gratitude also opens your eyes to the limitless potential of the universe, while dissatisfaction closes your eyes to it. - Stephen Richards
11. Don't let the sun go down without saying thank you to someone, and without admitting to yourself that absolutely no one gets this far alone. - Stephen King
12. A person however learned and qualified in his life's work in whom gratitude is absent, is devoid of that beauty of character which makes personality fragrant. - Hazrat Inayat Khan
13. Be thankful for everything that happens in your life; it's all an experience. – Roy T. Bennett
14. The real gift of gratitude is that the more grateful you are, the more present you become. - Robert Holden
15. It's a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack. - Germany Kent
16. Acknowledging the good you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance. - Eckhart Tolle
17. When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out and the tide of love rushes in. - Kristin Armstrong
18. The soul that gives thanks can find comfort in everything; the soul that complains can find comfort in nothing. - Hannah Whitall Smith
19. Saying thank you is more than good manners. It is good spirituality. - Alfred Painter
20. I never met a bitter person who was thankful. Or a thankful person that was bitter. - Nick Vujicic
21. Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. - Michael Bernhard Beckwith
22. Count your blessings so you will lose count of your problems! - Cece McGhee
23. Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happen to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation. – Brian Tracy
24. Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity… it turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow. – Melody Beattie
25. You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you. - Sarah ban Breathnach
26. If you want to be on speaking terms with happiness, learn the language of gratitude. – Unknown
Remember, you are better than you think you are xx