Gratitude is one of the most powerful things we can feel. It makes us feel good about the things and people that are in our lives. Feeling gratitude for all the good in our lives opens us up to having more of the good things.
The last couple of weeks have been testing for me, I’ve had obstacles to overcome and hurdles to jump. Not only am I grateful for the people in my life that stepped up (without being asked) to help and assist me in my hour of need. I am also grateful that I navigated these obstacles with (I think) a little bit of grace and dignity, and I have come out the other side feeling stronger and understanding myself and why this situation arose in the first place.
I realised how important it is to be grateful for the challenges we are given, if we can see them as a positive, we learn from them, we grow from them. And if we learn what we need to, we won’t have to face the same problem further down the track.
Right now, I am feeling so blessed to have such amazing people in my life, people I didn’t expect to help put themselves out to be kind, and generous with their time and their know-how. They totally backed up my theory that all people are fundamentally good people, and for that too I am extremely grateful.
Gratitude will elevate you to a place of happiness and feeling good about anything and everything.
Expressing and feeling gratitude can lower your levels of cortisol – the stress hormone.
Get into the habit of writing or reciting a list of things you are grateful for every morning as soon as you awake before your mind has started to get filled with all the things you have to do that day.
And before you go to bed write or recite a list of at least 3 things you are grateful for that happened today. If you go to sleep thinking of things you are grateful for you are more likely to sleep well, dream well and wake feeling rested and restored.
Thank you for my beautiful day,
for all the things that went my way.
Thank you for the things that challenged,
and for all the things I learned to manage.
Thank you for my good night’s rest,
may I wake tomorrow full of zest.
- Lisa Edwards
Here are 25 of my favourite quotes on gratitude, which one is your favourite?
1. Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. – Marcel Proust
2. Gratitude turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity… it make sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. – Melody Beattie
3. I never met a bitter person who was thankful. Or a thankful person that was bitter. Nick Vujicic
4. Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
5. Be thankful for everything that happens in your life; it's all an experience. Roy T. Bennett
6. Be grateful for what you have, before it becomes what you had. – Unknown
7. Be grateful for what you have and stop complaining - it bores everybody else, does you no good, and doesn't solve any problems. – Zig Ziglar
8. When it comes to life, the critical thing is whether you take things for granted or take them with gratitude. - Gilbert K. Chesterton
9. We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude. - Cynthia Ozick
10. Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we leaned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so let us all be thankful. – Buddha
11. Gratitude is one of the sweetest shortcuts to finding peace of mind and happiness inside. No matter what is going on outside of us, there is always something to be grateful for. - Barry Neil Kaufman
12. Not all your dreams have to come true at once. Sometimes, the truth is many of them are already here and you have to appreciate them before the next ones unlock. Brendon Burchard
13. Develop an attitude of gratitude. Say thank you to everyone you meet for everything they do for you. – Brian Tracy
14. I don't have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness - it's right in front of me if I'm paying attention and practicing gratitude. – Brene Brown
15. In our daily lives, we must see that it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but the gratefulness that makes us happy. – Albert Clarke
16. Gratitude is a powerful catalyst for happiness. It's the spark that lights a fire of joy in your soul. – Amy Collette
17. When you are grateful, fear disappears, and abundance appears. - Antony Robbins
18. Gratitude is a antidote to negative emotions, a neutraliser of envy, hostility, worry, and irritation. It is savouring, it is not taking things for granted, it is present orientated. - Sonja Lynbomiesky
19. When gratitude becomes your default setting, life changes. - Nancy Leigh Demoss
20. A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all the other virtues. – Cicero
21. Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. - Henry Van Dyke
22. Learn to be thankful for what you have, while you pursue all that you want. – Jim Rohn
23. We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives. – John F. Kennedy
24. Sometimes we should express our gratitude for the small and simple things like the scent of the rain, the taste of our favourite food, or the sounds of a loved one's voice. - Joseph B. Wirthlin
25. Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind. - Lionel Hampton
I hope you enjoyed these quotes on gratitude, do you have a favourite quote? and if you enjoyed these check out the links below.
Drop in to my Etsy store Positive Life by Design for great printables to help you on your journey.
Don't forget to follow us on