Updated: Sep 27
Mahatma Gandhi is known for his peaceful approach to violence, and his ability to forgive those who had wronged him. Here are 27 of Mahatma Gandhi's quotes to inspire us to do the same.
1. You must be the change you want to see in the world.
2. Forgiveness is choosing to love. It is the first skill of self-giving love.
3. Silence is the best answer to anger.
4. The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
5. Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.
6. A ‘no’ uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a ‘yes’ merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.
7. The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
8. To believe in something and not live it is dishonest.
9. You can't change how people treat you or what they say about you. All you can do is change how you react to it.
10. If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.
11. Strength does not come from a physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
12. In a gentle way, you can shake the world.
13. The future depends on what we do in the present.
14. I will not allow anyone to walk in my mind with dirty feet.
15. Look at the sparrows; they do not know what they will do in the next moment. Let us literally live from moment to moment.
16. Where there is love there is life.
17. You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
18. Our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world as being able to remake ourselves.
19. Relationships are based on four principles: respect, understanding, acceptance and appreciation.
20. My life is my message.
21. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.
22. Without action, you aren’t going anywhere.
23. If we want to reach peace in this world, we should start educating children.
24. When you are right, you have no need to be angry. When you are wrong, you have no right to be angry.
25. An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind.
26. Man should forget his anger before he lies down to sleep.
27. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
I hope you enjoyed these quotes and found them as inspiring as I do.
Please don't forget to Save them to your Pinterest boards for later :)
Drop in to my Etsy store Positive Life by Design for great printables to help you on your journey.
Don't forget to follow us on